In the 1950's the house was a Mercy Juniorate which serviced the Mission of Mercy in Sacramento.
In the late 1970's the Diocese took over the building as a Retreat Centre. It was staffed by Presentation Sisters and Mercy Sisters from the Kerry Diocese.
The Mercy Sisters later withdrew from this ministry and in 1981 the Presentation Sisters undertook the management of the Centre. However due to a reduction in membership and the lack of vocations, it became evident by Summer 2003 that the Presentation Sisters would not be able to maintain this position into the future.
Subsequent to this decision Bishop Murphy appealed to several Congregations to assume responsibility for this ministry. The Mercy Provincial Team responded positively to this request. After a period of discernment, an intercongregational team was set up.
The present Team is
Rev. Liam Comer (Director)
Sr. Elizabeth Gilmartin SM (Co-ordinator)
Ann Marie Lawless (Secretary)